Opinions differ greatly on the behemoth, Droid X. To begin with, it is available today. You can pick one up in the Androidheadlines.com online store for cheaper than in store. If you want one, be quick because they are sure to go fast.
Lots of reviews have started to surface on the Droid X. One thing that everyone agrees on: it’s big. Let’s do a recap of the specs:
- 1GHz TI OMAP 3630 processor (faster than Snapdragon, slower than Samsung’s Hummingbird)
- 4.3 inch 480×854 pixel multitouch display
- 1540 MAh battery rated at 8 hours talk-time and 220 hours standby
- 8 MP camera with dual LED flash
- 720p video capture
- 8 GB built-in memory expandable by microSD
- 802.11n Wi-Fi
- HDMI out
- lots of in-built functionality such as Skype Mobile, and a mobile hotspot
- everything else expected of a high-end Android phone
There have been lots of things said about the Droid X’s custom UI. First, it is not MOTOBLUR. For most, that is a relief. Many people have felt that MOTOBLUR=clutter. Instead, the UI is slightly modded by Motorola, and includes a lots of widgets. These widgets are mostly for social networking integration.
We will have a review up soon. Just keep in mind that this phone is not hacking friendly. Motorola locked down the bootloader such that if you even try to mess with it (as in installing custom ROMs), it will brick your phone.
Category: Android Phone News