The official Weather Channel app got updated to version 3.0.0. adding numerous new features to most popular free weather app in the Android Market. The new features described in the update are…
- Voice search now allows consumers to obtain weather forecasts by speaking a location, whether by address, city, ZIP code or well-known landmark.
- The app now supports type-ahead for quicker location search when typing the destination.
- The all-new navigation bar along the bottom of the screen offers swipeable, one-click access to saved locations, current conditions, hourly forecasts, 36-hour forecasts, 10-day forecasts, severe alerts, maps, video and settings.
- In addition to the popular location-based local video forecasts, the video section now includes the “must see 6” videos each day from a national collection.
- In addition to metric (°C and kph) and English (°F and mph) options for units of measure, a “hybrid” version now offers Celsius and mph for users in the U.K. and Canada.
- Severe alerts provide the most up-to-date information for severe tropical weather, winter weather and more. Alerts will now be parsed to process language for easier readability, and consumers will also be able to turn severe weather alert notifications on or off.
- In addition, the app incorporates updates to The Weather Channel widget for Android, so customers can opt to view current weather data and severe weather alert indicators on the device home screen.
The description also says, “IMPORTANT **Remove the old app shortcut & add the new one to your screen.**”
Get the update as always from the Android Market. If you find anything else new or changed in the update be sure to let us know!