Ready For A Motorola Enterprise Tablet?
Motorola is back at it again, but this time with a Motorola Enterprise tablet. The plan is to be the first Android tablet designed for business and in the process produce, the ”first physical embodiment defining Android for the Enterprise.”
Interestingly it will begin testing as an Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) based tablet. The decision apparently has a lot to do with the target market for the tablet not being the average Android consumer.
Motorola Enterprise Tablet Specs
In terms of hardware the tablet will be completely up to date, featuring most notably a dual core OMAP 4 processor.
- 1.3MP front-facing camera, 8MP rear-facing camera “with illumination and aiming” for bar code scanning
- Dual-core 1GHz OMAP 4 CPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM
- 7-inch LCD display
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi, and USB connectivity
- Battery should support five and a half hours of streaming video
- Rugged build able to survive four-foot drop, extreme temperatures, excessive dust, and splashing water
The tablet will enter its beta testing phase this October. What do you guys think, is this enterprise ready device something that will grab the attention of the increasingly tablet friend business market?
Category: Android Tablet News