So you installed an app that you don’t like, or don’t use anymore and want to free up the space on your device. Well that’s easy to fix. We’ll show you exactly how to uninstall apps on any Android phone or tablet. It’s actually quite easy. We also have a video below for you, in case you get lost with the instructions.
1. Turn on and unlock your device.
2. Go to Settings
3. Scroll down to Apps (or Application Manager, depending on your device)
4. Tap on Apps
5. Browse for the app you want to uninstall and tap on it
6. Tap the Uninstall button on the right (or if you’re on an HTC device, it might be below the Force Stop and Disable buttons)
7. Tap the OK button on the Confirmation dialog.
8. After a few seconds your application will be uninstalled.
9. To uninstall more apps, just repeat steps 5-7.
That’s about all there is to uninstalling apps. Like I said, it’s actually pretty easy, but it is hidden and a lot of people may not notice it. You can uninstall any app that you downloaded, and some that came pre-installed on the device, but not all of them. Mostly because some of them interact with other features on your phone and could mess those features up.
If you run into any trouble with uninstalling apps, please be sure to leave a comment below and we’ll see what we can do to assist you.
Category: Android How To Guides