Now before we get started with this, let’s remind you that this is a rumor and a leak, and to take it with a grain of salt. Often times rumors turn out to be fake. So now you know, let’s get onto the good stuff.
The picture above is supposedly the LG Nexus 5 which should be coming out this fall. The anonymous source who claims to be working at Google says that this prototype is the Nexus 5. This could just be another person trolling the Android world. Who remembers all those fake Nexus devices popping up last year? The Sony Nexus, which was really a remote control. There were a few others as well. The information here was just to good not to share.
Sources are saying that Google is looking to release the Nexus 5 around October 2013. Google is said to be looking at and evaluating several prototypes from different OEMs. One of the prototypes Google is looking at is made by LG and is codenamed “Megalodon.” Now here are the specs for the Megalodon:
- 5.2″ OLED Display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
- 3GB LPDDR3 Ram
- 16/32/64GB of internal storage
- 16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
- 2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
- 3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Front positioned stereo speakers
- Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
- Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
- Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)
If you’re looking at these specs, it looks like an Android fans wet dream. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’d love to have the next Nexus with these kind of specs. Snapdragon 800 which has quick charge 2.0, then 3GB of RAM, and up to 64GB internal storage? Although that right there should put up a red light. Since Google has been focusing on 8GB and 16GB Nexus devices as of late.
So if this were the Nexus 5, would you be buying it? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: Android and Me